What don't kill a Heart
Only makes it strong

Thursday 17 June 2010

Goodbye grandma.


time flies. it's already Thursday, and 3 more days will be one week after grandmother's death.


well, apparently everyone was in grieve but there's nothing we can do as we've already predicted her death will be soon, right after we've heard the news that she had lungs cancer about half a year ago. and all of us had got ourselves prepared for the worst.


okay, I'm sad too, of course. and although I'm not grandmother's favourites, she did praised me a lot and I treated her with respect.
she was a tough and stubborn woman.


let's go back to Friday where my mum received call from my youngest uncle, saying that grandmother's in critical state now and thus, mum decided go back to Ipoh on Saturday. reluctantly, I agreed at first but now I'm glad, and relieved that I'd followed them. at least I'm with her when she breathed her last breath.


Saturday, when we reached, what we saw was grandmother lying on her bed in the living room with breathing tube inserted. she looked frail and so sick that she can't even open her eyes, or move. uncle said she has been like that after coming back from hospital. she can't eat, she can't talk and it's heart-breaking when I look at her. shortly after our arrival, she was forced to sit and feed with water only. it's been a day since she had her last dinner. mum sat beside her, fed her some water with a syringe. her unconsciousness made my mum worried more, afraid that she can't recognize us so she called her for numerous times and for seconds grandmother opened her eyes and then closed it back again very quickly, mum choked with words and sobbed.


Sunday afternoon, after we had our lunch, the youngest aunt came back, when she discovered that grandma had nothing to eat for past two days, she went furious and cried. yeah, it was tension, we, the youngsters can really do nothing but watch and cry. she asked the ambulance to take grandma to hospital, saying that there got nurses to take care of her. the rest agreed without a word. the ambulance took some minutes to reach (when I said some minutes, I mean more than half an hour). all of us in the living room, watching grandma being checked and then when that nurse came back again, she's gone.


too much of stories, too little time to tell. grandma's only regret was, I think, one of the uncle can't get back on time. yeah, tears shed and now, all her left are memories.




we often says we'll appreciate everything around us but we never did.

No comments:

Post a Comment